You Will Need:
For the mix:
- 2 half-sour/half-sweet apples (grated)
- 2 handfuls walnuts
- 2 handfuls almonds
- about 150g cranberries/raisins (I recommend cranberries and preferably fresh ones, not dried)
- a bit of sugar (2-3 spoons should be enough, but you can add more if you like)
- water (mineral or carbonated, up to you)
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- sunflower oil
For the topping:
- forest fruits (I used frozen or more precisely this kind)
How To Prepare:
- Grate the apples and chop up/mill the walnuts and almonds.
- Make pancake mix but slightly thicker (mix eggs, flour, milk, water, a bit of sugar and a pinch of salt - I recommend an electric mixer. You can add a bit of sunflower oil so it doesn't stick to the pan).
- Add apples, walnuts, almonds and cranberries to the pancake mix.
- Check to see if more flour is needed so the mix isn't too watery (it will then be horrible to control on the pan). Add more sugar if you feel the need (though cranberries give their own sweetness, but raisins don't so it also depends on which you choose).
- Heat up oil on the frying pan (I recommend a non-stick pan) and pour out the excess oil; after all, the cookies are supposed to be healthy so try to avoid any additional oil or other fats.
- Use a larger spoon to pour out the mixture onto the pan (as thin as possible). Turn on both sides so it fries evenly.
- Put each cookie/pancake on the side on a napkin to let the excess oil drain out (the napkin will soak it up).
- Put the forest fruits (either frozen or fresh...whichever you prefer) into a saucepan.
- Add a bit of water and sugar to it and heat this all up until it is hot and the sugar has melted.