You will need (for 2 loaves):
- 400g corn flour
- 400g hard flour
- 400g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 7dl water
- 1dl olive oil
- 2dl milk
- 1 pack yeast (I used this one)
How to prepare:
- Add salt and one teaspoon of sugar to the corn flour and parboil and stir/mix well.
- Heat up milk with a teaspoon of sugar and add yeast. Leave this in a warm place for half an hour to give the yeast time to react.
- Add all left over ingredients to the cooled down corn-flour mixture and knead the dough well (if needed, add more wheat flour so the dough isn't sticky).
- Heat oven to 60°C. When it has heated up to this temperature turn it off. Form the dough into a ball and leave in the switched-off oven for an hour.
- After the dough has doubled in size, knead it once more and divide into two equal parts and form them as you wish and then leave them to rise some more for about 20 more minutes.
- Before putting dough into the oven, just shallowly cut into the bread in a few places and sprinkle with cold water.
- Cover the dough with baking paper/aluminum foil and bake it for about 1 hour at 170°C. Uncover it and keep baking it at the same temperature for about another half an hour.