You Will Need:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 spoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 well-beaten yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 2 spoons butter/margarine (melted/softened up)
- 1 cup finely chopped/grated apple (without the skin!)
- 2 whisked egg whites
How To Prepare:
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large (preferably not a plastic) bowl. That would mean the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the egg yolks and milk. Add this mixture to the previous one and mix it all together.
- Add the butter/margarine and apple to the mixture.
- Gradually add the whisked egg whites.
- Let this all sit for a few minutes.
- Heat up the oil in your frying pan (I recommend using a non-stick, that is a Teflon frying pan) and fry the mix. A little warning: the pancake mix may be a bit thicker than you are used to so you may need a spoon or putty knife (I recommend a plastic one) to spread it out a bit on the pan. Determine the amount of dough depending on the size of your pan and your preference (how thick you like your pancakes to be).