- the HPs stands facing the east, the HP stands to her right and the coven behind them (all holding their athamés)
- one person stands behind them all with the consecrated objects (if you are working along, then simply move the objects somewhere where they won't get in the way and where you think they are safest, if you even decide to do this step)
- the HPs says:
"Ye Lords of the Watchtowers of the East, ye Lords of Air; we do thank you for attending our rites; and ere ye depart to your pleasant and lovely realms, we bid you hail and farewell...Hal and farewell."
- while the HPs speaks, she does the banishing pentagram or Earth which you can see here
- she then kisses her athamé and holds it on her heart for a few seconds (as you would hug and kiss a good friend when parting)
- the coven repeats all the gestures she does and only repeats the words "Hail and farewell" when they are spoken
- someone from the coven then steps out to blow out the east candle (this person will blow out the rest of the candles after each farewell, but if you are working alone, then I'm afraid you will have to juggle the obligations. I usually walk around the circle to a quarter, bid it farewell in an appropriate manner, blow out the candle and then walk to the next quarter clockwise. This is how I have manage to avoid drawing any banishing pentagrams towards consecrated objects because I do the actual "banishing" on the very edge of the circle where there are no objects to be "unconsecrated").
- this procedure (quarter - farewell - banishing pentagram - repeating after the HPs - blowing out the quarter candle) is repeated for the three other quarters, only changing the beginning of the revocation (the opposite of invocation):
"Ye Lords of the Watchtowers of the South, ye Lords of Fire...""Ye Lords of the Watchtowers of the West, ye Lords of Water..."
"Ye Lords of the Watchtowers of the North, ye Lords of Earth..."
- Cakes and wine (if you haven't already had them during the Great Rite)
- Bidding farewell to the Elements and drawing banishing pentagrams (staring in the East)
- Extinguishing the quarter candles in the process
- Repeating steps 2 and 3 for the other Elements (going deosil)
- Bidding farewell to the Goddess and God (if you decide to finish with step 4 then say goodbye to them before dismissing the Elements...this is what I would recommend)
- Visualizing the decreasing protection of the circle
- Closing the circle with your athamé
- Extinguishing the altar candle(s) (only after everyone has left the circle and the electric lights have been turned on)