What Do I Do Once I'm on the Astral Plane?
To make things easier for yourself, it is recommended that you make a plan of action. You will have this plan in your head while you are in the astral world (even though it may be hard to remember it sometimes) and it will help you to avoid getting to that point when you ask yourself: "What should I do now?". Because the moment you ask yourself that and you stop doing something, your concentration slips and you return to your physical body.
You can add several things to your plan of action from the very start:
- Look at your reflection in the mirror
- Teleport yourself (for starters, try somewhere nearby like outside your bedroom or out onto the street, but never teleport yourself into a closed space with now doors or into any kind of basement)
- Fly (yes, you can do that in the astral world too! But remember that your astral body isn't your physical body. It doesn't even have to resemble you and you also don't have muscles in the literal sense of the word. This is why you will have to use your will to fly and not your muscles)
- Meet someone/something (that is not deceased, but more on this later)
- Teleport yourself further away (by this I mean stay on Earth; do not go into outer space)
- Meet your angel/guide (this is a very difficult thing to achieve so I'll save this for the last post)
Tricks: How to Stay in the Astral Plane As Long As Possible
The Problem of Your Subconscious
Travelling in the Astral World
- Teleportation (don't try this until you have been on the astral plane several times because you will still need some skill to achieve this). It is achieved by imagining a destination and keeping it in your head for 5-10 seconds while keeping your eyes closed. During this time, you will feel like your are moving (like wind is carrying your to that place), but don't let this distract you. The next time you open your eyes, you will find yourself in the place you imagined.
- Translocation (it is different from teleportation because it is random, while teleportation is intentional). It is achieved by looking at your hand and holding your gaze on it for a while. It will look different that it does in the physical world, but that isn't important now. What is important, though, is that, when you move your gaze from it, you will be in another random place.
- Using doors (it seems obvious enough, but I have to emphasize it). You can use this method even at the very beginning while you are still walking around the astral world. These doors can lead you into another room, or to another completely different place. They can also lead you to other worlds (this is achieved by drawing a symbol of that world on the door/above the door/on the door knob). This falls under the category of the higher astral plane so I'll leave that for the next post.
Your Higher Consciousness - Your Friend
- Imagine the place you want to go, while doing so, keep your eyes closed for 5-10 seconds and open them.
- Spin around your axis with arms stretched to your sides (like a helicopter) once again imagining the place you want to be.
- Stick your head into the earth like an ostrich would do (yes, it may seem silly and funny but id really does work...just don't forget you get your head out later).
- Fly towards the sky and let yourself fall back to the ground (once you return back to the "earth", you will find yourself in the place you imagined).
How to Return Back to Your Physical Body
Don't listen to those stories which say that you can "get stuck on the astral plane". This is what makes a lot of people worried about the inability to return back to their bodies but this just can't happen. You will return to your physical body sooner or later be it spontaneously or intentionally. Some ways by which you can return to your body intentionally are:
- Closing your eyes - remember that you don't really have a physical body on the astral plane and, ultimately, no eyelids so this will create that physical bridge that is needed for you to return.
- Squinting - it achieves the same effect as closing your eyes but less sudden.
- Teleporting - I already mentioned that you will return to your physical body if you try teleporting on the lower astral plane (even though doing this on the higher astral plane will only lead you higher and higher).
- Looking up - when your eyes roll backwards a bit, it reminds us of that spinning motion that we did to achieve the vibration stage so this literally takes us back into our previous state (the physical one).
- Pinching yourself or rolling your head - these are very physical actions which will also create that necessary bridge to the physical world.
- Concentrating on something - this is the simplest method. If you focus too long on something, then the image around you starts melting and you find yourself in your physical body again. A good example is looking at your hands (which I mentioned before). If you look at your hands in the astral world, they will start to melt after a while and if you don't look away, you will return back to your physical body (but if you do look away quickly, then you will find yourself on a higher astral plane).
To Revise: What to Avoid in the Astral World
- Closed spaces (although you can get out of them by trying to walk through any wall backwards!!!)
- Moving spaces (elevators, airplanes, submarines etc.)
- Trying to achieve astral projection two nights/days in a row (at least in the beginning) because this could cause an imbalance in your sleeping clock and REM phases
- Apparent differences from the physical world (remember that these kinds of big differences are usually made by your subconscious)