You will need:
- 100g butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 90g powdered sugar
- 1 baking powder
- 150g flour (mix together half plain and half hard flour or you can use self-rising flour)
- 1 handful finely chopped herbs of your choice (preferably fresh herbs but if you don't have that then you can use dried herbs too) - she used mint and sage in her cookies
How to prepare:
- Leave the butter out at room temperature so it softens up (I sometimes even melt it a bit in the microwave in order to get things done faster) and cut it into smaller pieces so it is easier to mix in.
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get a compact mixture.
- Roll out the dough and cut it with cookie forms/molds or simply use your hands to make them into a circular shape.
- Heat up the oven to 180°C.
- Put them on the pan but make sure to leave a few centimeters between each one since they will rise while baking and you don't want them to stick together. Also, I recommend you put baking paper on your pan and then put the cookies on the baking paper.
- Bake cookies for 5-10 minutes (note: they mustn't turn too golden-brown. When you get them out, they will still be quite soft but they will harder up a bit when they cool down).
- Enjoy! :D