You will need:
- 340g of pastry flour
- 6 spoons of powdered sugar
- 2 lemons (juice from one lemon+zest from both lemons)
- 1 packet of baking powder (about 2 teaspoons)
- 120g of butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- a bit of sunflower oil
- a bit of milk
How to prepare:
- Mix together flour, sugar, lemon zest and baking powder.
- Add softened butter (you can mix it in with your hands or a wooden spoon, whichever your prefer).
- Add beaten eggs and lemon juice. I started using a mixer at this point. Also, there was no milk or sunflower oil in the original recipe but I added just 3-4 tablespoons of both to make the mixture more compact (since these cookies are crumbly, it can be tricky to make the dough into balls).
- If you want to, you can leave the dough in the fridge for about an hour, though I didn't do this because I didn't really have the time. This is supposed to make the dough finer, but I'm pretty happy with the results even without this step :)
- Put some baking paper on your baking pan and heat up your oven to 180°C (since my oven is a bit stronger, I put it at 170°C).
- Make the dough into small balls and place them on the pan making sure to leave a centimeter or two between each one.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. The cookies will be quite pale on the top, but take care to check what their bottom looks like after 10-12 minutes of baking (it should be slightly rosy).
- Leave them out to cool down a bit and sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like.