Why Love Magic is so Popular
What Is Love Magic Harmful?
Alternative Ways of Attracting Love
- certain crystals (e.g. alexandrite, amber, lepidolite, pearls, topaz etc.), more in Scott Cunningham's book entitled Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic
- certain amulets (e.g. quartz crystals) and talismans. For more information have a look at these two books: The Book of Talismans, Amulets and Zodiac Gems (Thomas & Pavitt) and The Complete Book of Amulets and Talismans (Gonzalez-Wippler)
- certain plants which are believed to be aphrodisiacs (e.g. mandrake)
Candle Love Spell
- Put your astral candle on one side of the altar and next to it an orange candle for attraction.
- Put a white candle (symbolizing the type of person you want to attract) and a pink candle (symbolizing love) on the other end of your altar.
- Put the day candle (an appropriate color for Friday is green) somewhere on the altar where it won't be in the way; by now you should have 5 candles+your altar candle and any other ritual tools all on your altar.
- Light you altar candle, day candle and incense. Meditate shortly on yourself being filled with joy and in love (without visualizing the actual person and without any implications!). Remember that you have to imagine yourself after the ritual has been done and has succeeded. If you visualize yourself in the process of falling in love or any other period in between, this too uncertain and thus abates the efficiency of the ritual.
- Invoke the Goddess and the God (or any other deity you believe in, if you do believe) to help you in the ritual (using your own words).
- State the goal of the ritual:
"I am here to bring lasting love and happiness to myself, [Your name] that I may be filled with joy and contentment."
- Take your astral candle and engrave you name in it with something sharp, then cleanse and consecrate it in the appropriate way. While doing this say:
"Here is myself, [Your name]. It is me in every detail. All that I do to this representation, I do to me. So Mote It Be."
- Put you astral candle back in its place and take the orange candle. Cleanse and consecrate it and write "attraction" on it. While doing this say:
"Here is Attraction. It is with me and all about me. So Mote It Be."
- Put it back in its place. Pick up the white candle, cleanse and consecrate it and engrave "true love" on it. While doing this say:
"Here is the true love I seek; the other half that makes me whole. So Mote It Be."
- Pick up the pink candle, cleanse and consecrate it and engrave "love" into it. While doing this say:
"Here is the love that is brought to us, filling our lives with all that we desire. So Mote It Be."
- Put the pink candle back in its place.
- Spend some time meditating on an image in which you are happy, confident in yourself, in love etc.
- When you are ready, first light the astral candle and then the orange candle. Leave them to burn for a bit and then go on the other candles (leave these to keep burning though).
- Light the white and pink candles and leave all the candles to burn for a bit while imagining the aforementioned scene.
- Slowly start to move the white and pink candles towards the astral and orange candles. You can do this in one long, slow move or several shorter stages. While you are moving them, feel love entering your life and feel yourself being fulfilled.
- Once the four candles touch each other, be aware of the love that has just come into your life and that you have caught the attention of your future partner.
- Thank the God and Goddess/whoever you invoked and end the ritual.