You Will Need:
- 3 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (+ extra to flour your working surface)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp pig fat
- 1 cup hot water
- dried chives (to taste)
- sesame seeds for sprinkling
How To Prepare:
- Mix oats, oat flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over the dry mixture. Add water gradually and mix until you get a compact dough. If it's still too wet, feel free to add more oat flour/oats.
- Flour your working surface, knead the dough and form it into a ball. You can make one larger loaf, or you can separate the dough into several parts and make several smaller loaves.
- Heat your oven to 200°C and cover your baking pan with baking paper.
- Roll out the dough into a circle. Make sure that it isn't thicker than 1 cm.
- Bake at 200°C for about 20 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 175°C and bake for another 10 minutes.