You Will Need:
- 500 g almonds (hazelnuts can work too)
- 500 g cottage cheese
- 6 dl cooking cream
- 1 pack of integral strudel dough (400 g, you get it in the form of thin sheets, I had 9 sheets in the package)
- 1 kg apples
- 300 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- sunflower oil
How To Prepare:
- Bake the almonds in the oven for 5 minutes at 200°C until they let out their nice aroma and only darken a little bet. Grind them.
- Heat up 1.5 dl cooking cream and add 100 g sugar. Mix until the sugar is melted and add the ground almonds. Mix until everything is compact. Let it cool down. Leave the rest of the cooking cream aside for later (you will need it to pour over the different pastry layers).
- In a bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, eggs and 100 g sugar using an electric mixer.
- Peel the apples, grate them and mix with 100 g sugar.
- Oil your baking pan (mine is about 35 x 25 cm and about 7 cm deep).
- Arrange the layers of the pastry/gibanica in the following order: 3 strudel sheets - cooking cream (1 dl) - almond mixture - 2 strudel sheets - cooking cream (1 dl) - cheese mixture - 2 strudel sheets - cooking cream (1 dl) - apple mixture - 2 strudel sheets
- Mix the remaining 1.5 dl cooking cream with 1 tbsp sunflower oil and a bit of sugar. Pour over the pastry.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 180°C.