You Will Need:
- 2 eggs
- 100g sugar
- 250ml yogurt
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 250g plain flour
- 1 baking powder
- 3 big spoons of mashed pumpkin (1 middle-sized pumpkin should be enough for this quantity)
- 100g hazelnuts (finely chopped/grinded)
How To Prepare:
- Separate the pumpkin meat from the shell and get all the seeds out. Cut up the "meat" into smaller pieces.
- Cook the pumpkin until it gets soft (just like if you were preparing mashed potatoes...test the pumpkin with a fork to see if it's soft enough). If you can easily squish it, then it's done.
- Squash it like you would a potato until you get mashed pumpkin.
- Mix eggs with sugar.
- Add the oil, vanilla sugar and mashed pumpkin to the egg mixture.
- Mix the baking powder into the flour and add the chopped/grinded hazelnuts. After this, add this to the previous mixture.
- Prepare the baking form you have by oiling and flouring it up a bit so the cake doesn't stick and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake at 180°C for about 20-40 minutes (depending on the strength of your oven). Check if the cake is ready every once in a while by sticking a toothpick in it; when the dough stops sticking to it then you know it's done.