You Will Need:
For the Dough:
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 cups sugar (to taste)
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1 packet baking powder
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 250 g grated carrots
- 350 g grated apples
For the Glaze:
- 200 g cooking chocolate
- 50 ml milk
- 25-50 g butter
How To Prepare:
- Using an electric mixer, mix the eggs, sugar and oil together.
- Add vanilla sugar and cinnamon to the mix.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together and gradually add this to the previous mixture and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Grate the carrots and apples (yes, just now so the apple doesn't let out too much water) and add them to the mix.
- Cover your baking dish (preferably a square-shaped, metal one) with baking paper and pour in the mixture. Bake for 45 minutes at 180°C.
- Melt the chocolate over steam and add the butter and milk.
- Stir until the chocolate completely melts and the ingredients permeate each other.
- While the cake is still warm, pour the glaze over it.
- Once the cake and glaze have cooled down to approximately room temperature, put them in the refrigerator for a few hours so the glaze can harden.